We are living in the most modern era of science;still the concept of sex is often portrayed to be very much aligned with success, money and pride in our society. Considering all of these ideals constantly stimulating our minds and imprinting themselves onto our psyche, it is no wonder that lack of performance, or any sexual struggles for that matter, can cause negative feelings within an individual, such as shame and worry.
‘How to last longer in bed naturally?’, ‘How to increase sexual duration?’, and ‘How to increase sex time?’ are some of the most common and valuable questions people have. While we are not entirely sure if people know how long is actually good enough for good sex, it is quite possible that porn has influenced the preponderance of this worry. But just to lay this fear to rest, not being able to last long enough in bed is not always premature ejaculation or erectile dysfunction. The demarcation is fairly simple — if you last for anything less than three minutes you should probably investigate the cause further.
An estimated 30% of men suffer from premature ejaculation (PE)and 35% men suffer from erectile dysfunction (ED) at some point in their life,which can cause significant distress.
Ejaculation can be considered premature when it occurs 30seconds to 4 minutes into sex, depending on different cultures,countries and experts. However, it seems that most tend to agree that any sexual intercourse lasting less than 2 minutes can be considered premature ejaculation.
13 natural ways to prolong your sex duration
There are a few ways to help you last longer in bed naturally. Here we’ll discuss about 13 natural ways to prolong your sex duration for satisfying your partner.
Eat more veggies and fruits
Studies have actually shown that men who are mostly vegetarian last much longer in bed than non-vegetarians. They have more stamina due to the nutrients they get from these fruits and veggies, especially potassium. Here are 11 things you should beware off, as they can kill your sex drive.
● Eating a banana just before sex could help improve your performance as it contains potassium. It also has a large amount of glucose that can help you last longer. Read more about health benefits of bananas.
● Drinking amla or gooseberry juice everyday could help you last longer in bed and also improve sperm quality as it contains iron and zinc.
● Eat a handful of strawberries before intercourse. Its high zinc content and glucose concentration can help you last longer.
●Black gram has been hailed as one of the effective diet for sex power increase. so, eating Dosa, or other food dishes made of black gram for 2-3 times a week will help in good sex health.
Avoid processed sugar and beverages
The ‘sugar slump’ that comes after a ‘sugar rush’ could reduce your stamina. Most of the soft drinks or beverages, energy drinks, soda, fruit juice and milk shake found in the market contain a lot of sugar. Study says, at least 10-15 teaspoon of sugar contain in 200 ml soft drinks. As those drinks contain high amount of sugar,its increase blood sugar level and resist insulin activity and decrease your performance.
Reduce alcohol intake
Alcohol is the most commonly used addictive drinks in the modern world people. Alcohol abuse and alcoholism can affect all aspects of a human life. Long-term alcohol use can cause serious health problems, can damage emotional stability, brain health, lung, liver, stomach, pancreas, finances, career, and impact one's family, friends and social position. As alcohol has a bad effect on your senses and you are not ‘fully’ in the moment. So,exerting control is out of question, isn’t it?
Cut down on smoking
It hardens your arteries and lessens blood flow to the penis. According to men’s health Physician and Medical Sex Therapist Dr Vijayasarathi Ramanathan, ‘Smoking affects every system/organ of the body including sexual functioning. People need to understand that erection in men has a lot to do with a healthy heart, blood vessels. Smokers are twice as likely to get erectile dysfunction as non-smokers.’
Work on your arms and abdominal muscles
Most of the sexual positions require the man to be on his hands and feet. This means his core has to be very strong in order to last longer. So, working on biceps,triceps and abs at the gym or body-weight exercises at home can help. Exercise also improves blood flow in general including to the penis and this could also help. You may also like to read revealed — men with bigger bellies last 5 minutes longer in bed than slim men.
Try Kegels or pelvic floor exercises
These exercises are mostly used for gaining better bladder control, but also help in maintaining erections for longer. You can do Kegel exercises, also known as pelvic floor muscle training, just about any time. Steps to do Kegel exercises are given bellow :
● Find the right muscles. To identify your pelvic floor muscles, stop urination in midstream. If you succeed, you've got the right muscles. Once you've identified your pelvic floor muscles you can do the exercises in any position, although you might find it easiest to do them lying down at first.
● Perfect your technique. Tighten your pelvic floor muscles, hold the contraction for five seconds, and then relax for five seconds. Try it four or five times in a row. Work up to keeping the muscles contracted for 10 seconds at a time, relaxing for 10 seconds between contractions.
● Maintain your focus. For best results, focus on tightening only your pelvic floor muscles. Be careful not to flex the muscles in your abdomen, thighs or buttocks. Avoid holding your breath. Instead, breathe freely during the exercises.
● Repeat three times a day. Aim for at least three sets of 10 repetitions a day.
Try ‘edging’ or the "Start-Stop" technique
This is by far the simplest technique and can be done alone or with a partner. The ways you can perform Start-Stop are discuss below :
The technique involves stimulating the penis and stopping just before you feel you are about to ejaculate. Stop the stimulation for 30-60 seconds and start again once you feel that you have regained control.Repeat this process 4-5 times, stopping and “resting” every time you feel that you are about to have an orgasm. Finally, let the ejaculation occur, so that you can identify the “point of no-return”.
Many couples and partners complain, however,about the inconvenience of this “game” and find it frustrating. Try to incorporate it smoothly into sex and take advantage of the pauses to focus on sources of pleasure other than the penis.
Try the squeeze technique
When you are almost about to orgasm, squeeze just below the head of the penis. This pushes the blood back from the penis giving you more time.
The "squeeze" technique works by squeezing the penis in the area between the shaft and the glans (for about 30seconds), just before you are about to ejaculate. This stops the ejaculation,but may affect your erection, at least until you are stimulated again. You should then repeat this process 4-5 times until you decide not to delay orgasm anymore.
To be effective, this method has to be used for several months and it requires great perseverance from the man and his partner.
The idea behind the "squeeze" technique is that, after a while, you are able to recognize the “point of no return” and may be able to delay future ejaculations. This technique may be frustrating though as it can disrupt sexual activity.
Get enough sleep
According to a research conducted by researchers from University of Chicago, men who got less than five hours of sleep at night had lower levels of testosterone. It is important that you get 7-8 hours of sleep to boost your sexual performance.
Focus more on foreplay and your woman
The notion that only vaginal penetration qualifies as sex has created a huge misconception which has darkened many people’s sex lives. What you need to understand that all forms of sexual acts are sex and there’s actual a term for it called outercourse. Outercourse is the umbrella term for all forms of non-penetrative sex sometimes synonymously used with foreplay.
Sometimes,trying to get her to orgasm first with either your fingers or your mouth could help relieve your stress and help maintain your erection longer. You may also like to read a man’s step-by-step guide to pleasuring his woman.
More kissing, caressing, and all that assorted good stuff, but the thought of actually coming out and asking him for those sensual moves makes you cringe. Fortunately, no matter how shy you might be when it comes to X-rated topics, we've got some very effective words that you can bring yourself to say.
Guys are famously fragile when it comes to their sexual prowess. So when a man is doing something that doesn't feel good, it's important not to discourage him altogether.
Wear a condom
it delays the pinnacle giving more time to enjoy.In some men, rolling back the foreskin of the penis helps delay excitation. The tip of the penis (the end bulged part) in men is the point of excitation. Making delay in its excitation helps delay ejaculation and gives ample time for foreplay.
Certain yoga asanas like the cobra pose (bhujangasana), paschimotasana can increase blood flow to the genital area and increase the time you last in bed.
Yoga helps you become more acquainted with your body and what makes you tick— and the more intimacy you have with yourself, the better intimacy you can have with someone else.
It also helps you tune out distractions and be present with the moment, bringing your mind back to your partner.Moreover Yoga not just a cliché: being more flexible will allow you to experiment more and get into positions without being uncomfortable.
Sexual herbal supplements
Sexual herbal supplements are products that aim to enhance sexual stamina, libido or penis size in men. Also known as sex pills, they come in a variety of forms, from prescription oral capsules to natural supplements. Since sexual herbal supplements can play a great role in treating male sexual problems. It can also helps men to boost their semen production. The supplement has been shown to be very effective in addressing sexual dysfunction.
There are a lot of male enhancement supplement found in the market that are most effective and clinically proved. However, some of the supplements that are prescribed by doctors are :
All those male enhancement supplements were clinically tested and many men got good results from using those products.
Important advice for better and longer sex
1. Don’t have sex everyday:Maintain a gap of one or two days. Sex, as a part and parcel of daily routine may make you feel bored and eventually might lead to decreased sexual interest.Many times sex in a day, very rarely is fine.
2. Change your moves: Always has an element of surprise in your moves,or your general behavior, or the gifts that you choose. Surprise makes the moment exciting.
3. Different sex postures: You may start feeling bored by same postures. So, different intercourse postures will not only helps to have improved sexual health, but also helps you to keep fit by burning a few more calories. Sex postures that do not allow complete insertion make the act fun and exciting.
4. Ayurveda suggestion: Ayurveda explains that food with sweet, salt and sour taste enhance sexual power and bitter, hot, too much spicy food articles lead to decreased sexual interest. Asparagus, Ashwagandha, grapes,dates, meat, egg, chocolates, buffalo milk, buffalo curds, Aloe vera juice,Sweet pomegranate fruit are a few food items for sex power increase.
5. Take care of your partner: Love is such an important element to ensure mutual enjoyment. Please know the feeling of the partner. Ladies usually will be in a slightly different mood nearing to their periods. Working women will be usually encountering higher stress levels.
Be aware that the more pressure men feel during sex, the more likely they are to suffer from PE. Communication will help you overcome many issues and any discrepancies between your desires and those of your partner. So, please take care.
While there's no cure to premature ejaculation, there are treatments and exercises you can use to stop premature ejaculation. Keep in mind that for most men what really works is, in fact, a combination of all these techniques along with psychological counseling, if it is necessary. Quite often, it is about solving a mix of anxiety, stress, but also bad habits of ejaculating too early.